Crab on a stick

In what will be the first of probably way too many photos from my summer vacation, I give you “Crab on a stick.” This guy was wandering across the drive way at the beach house we stayed at in Ocracoke, part of the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Wave a lolly pop stick in front of him, and presto! Crab on a stick!

Comments

1. Al says:

Heh heh, what a fab photo! Great perspective and shallow depth of field - and a great, comical shot!
    Al recently posted Download Our Free iPad Photo Book- ‘Mirror- Mirror’

2. Great photo - it really made me smile. Certainly one determined crab. snap snap.

3. Noster says:

Very creative work.
    A appreciate it so much.
    Noster recently posted PROTECTING CHILDREN ON SOCIAL NETWORKING

4. Betsy says:

That is too funny!! But where is his other claw?

5. James Lee says:

Thanks for the comments, all!

Betsy - this was one of those crabs with one huge claw and one tiny one. His small claw is the yellow arm on the opposite side, and has a few grains of sand stuck to it, so you can barely tell it’s a claw at all.

6. PMP says:

great pics and i really loved the one with the crab ;)

7. Tian Zhe says:

A lovely crab!!

8. sarah mia says:

That’s pretty impressive :) my contract doesn’t expire until next June *sob*

9. James Lee says:

(sarah mia is replying to my tweet about this post where I talked about how sharp the detail is for an iPhone 4 photo)

You could always do what I did. Take a perfectly good iPhone 3Gs and submerge it in water so that the screen no longer works, then figure out how to creatively obtain a new phone (regardless of the contract).

…ouch.

10. Tamara @ beetlejuice costume says:

Hi James thanks for sharing this funny photo of yours. I like your unique taste of art. By the way what happen to the crab hehehe.

11. donnie says:

I think you are the new “Crocodile Hunter”… er… at least the “Crab Hunter”, I reckon. Crikey!
    donnie recently posted SEO TIP- Goodbye PageRank- Hello Trust and Authority

12. Ben says:

This photo was really unique and it is quite funny and cute. And you captured it right and very clear. I wonder what kind of crab is that, only one big claw and it has tiny one. Can we eat that kind of crab, it looks delicious!

13. James Lee says:

Oh, he just fell off and scuttled away.

Too small to eat - his body was smaller than a golf ball.

14. Vishal @ Oxfordshire Accountants says:

Thats’ a fab photo! check this: http://www.cosmoscopics.com/worldofinsects/index.html - the 5th photo in that folder…

15. James Lee says:

Oooo… moth on a stick. :) That’s some quality insect photography there.

16. Vishal @ Oxfordshire Accountants says:

That’s my best friend’s work up there..he doesn’t knwow how to make money from it…guess he is too lazy! an artist but not a salesman..is what he says!:D

17. Is that crab is taking a cigarette?

18. James Lee says:

I haven’t figured it out, either. I think this site has made $18 since I started it… :-p

19. Vishal @ Accounting Outsourcing says:

:D .

20. Jima says:

Nice photo the crab protect its life by biting the stick because that is an instinct of a crab.
    Jima recently posted Do Not Embark Upon an Abdominal Workout Until You Read This

21. Liza Baker says:

This is funny photo crab on stick, I think it is ready to cook………nice and clear photo. Thank you for sharing us.
    Liza Baker recently posted She Believes In Me

22. Amazing photo it’s better two crabs in the edges of the stick.
    Elizabeth Wilson recently posted Why Improving Self Confidence is One of the Keys To Success