Grape seed oil

The photo was taken because I had my camera handy and I liked the way the light was refracting through the oil.

If you do not cook with grape seed oil, I would suggest you consider adding it to your pantry. The oil withstands very high temperatures, making it an excellent base for marinades or for using when searing meat. The flavor is mild, so it won’t overpower the other items in your recipe.

Comments

1. Vishal @ Oxfordshire Accountants says:

I was under the impression that grapeseed oil makes good only for a massage. Didn’t think it could be used in cooking. Well the post is informative and the photo is awesome too.

2. Tom Morley @ Web Design Surrey says:

This is an extremely interesting photo, which it shouldn’t be since it’s just grape seed oil. lol. But you seem to have captured something rather special.

3. Eugie @ Best Gift Cards says:

It seem you give art taking photo of this grape oil. I like the refracting light to the oil.

4. Julie Cheung says:

Lovely colours! I’d never heard of grape seed oil until now, not sure if it’s available at my local supermarket, but I’ll have a good look. I really like your photos, they’re really good. I use Lumix FX-37 which I carry around everywhere, but I don’t think I have an eye for photography unfortunately! :(
    .-= Julie Cheung´s last blog ..Google’s ‘new look’ left-panel sidebar for refined search results =-.

5. Michelle @ Print Posters says:

Wow I really like this heart and also the droplet right beside it, reminds me of a crying heart for some reason :) Too cool concept.

6. James says:

Thanks, everyone.

Julie - if you hit the archive link at the bottom of the blog and look at the photos from last October/November, you’ll see that I have come a long ways just by shooting every day.

7. RDSP says:

A really interesting photo, its things like this which no one normally think about photographing which make the best photos

8. Bratz @ Barbie Games says:

One of the best detailed shot I have seen. I wonder how much time you have wait to have or to perfect this form and perfect the shot timing.
    .-= [email protected] Games´s last blog ..Alice Cute Styling =-.

9. James says:

Not going to lie, came to this page and just started looking around. You find beauty in simple things that most people take for granted… that is a gift and I hope it works for you!

On topic, grape seed oil is said to be amazingly more health to stir fry with too I heard. I haven’t tried it yet, but will now :P I love making chinese food but its so greasy.
    James recently posted Comment by

10. kelly @ school comms says:

Sure, I’ll try it. I’m determined to start trying more unusual foods (unusual for me is almost anything that doesn’t involved fried chicken) and cooking them for my family. Plus I want to be able to be all smug when people ask and say “oh, it’s just grape seed oil, I pick some up from the supermarket. It’s got a mild flavour you see, and is great for marinades.”

11. James Lee says:

Kelly - you made me laugh this morning. :-D

12. Arabella says:

Hey there, I was reading your article and I just wanted to thank you for putting out such great content. There is so much nonsense on the internet these days its difficult to find anything worthwhile. I showed this to my boyfriend since this is the kind of thing he tends to read online. Thanks for the article and great ideas.

13. Is it really an oil?. Because it looks like syrup.
    Anne from Loft Conversion London recently posted Loft Conversion London – How to start

14. E. says:

You know, I didn’t think grape seed could be beautiful, but this shot is beautiful.

I bet you could make me look beautiful. Then I might feel beautiful, too.

Who knows what would happen next.

15. Alice Simms says:

Thank you for this picture of grapeseed oil. It has really great properties, I wonder which is healthier, this or olive oil? I heard they can do some nasty things at higher temperatures.
    Alice Simms recently posted Christmas Day Meaning updated Sun Oct 24 2010 7-37 pm CDT