Trapped raccoon

raccoon

We have this janky cat in our neighborhood. He’s a wild cat. Any cat that can survive New Hampshire winters on its own has my respect, but this one is getting closer and closer to the house, and it’s upsetting my cats to the point that Muffet has started “marking” his territory. This cannot be tolerated…

So I bought a trap and baited it with kitty tuna from Trader Joe’s. Did I catch janky cat?

Nope. Raccoon. Fat one, too! It’s the first raccoon we’ve seen on our property (though they’ve been in the garbage before).

Tags:

6 Responses to “Trapped raccoon”

1. Muthukumar March 12, 2010 at 10:17 AM #

simple and cute post, the photo is very nice, thanks for the post.
    [email protected] backlinks´s last blog ..watch Manchester United vs AC Milan Live Stream

2. Claire March 15, 2010 at 3:07 PM #

The box in which this very fancy trap was packaged clearly showed it is also good for catching armadillos. I want to catch an armadillo! James forgot to mention it also caught two of our three cats. Now, if janky cat would just come try the tuna…

• # 1 fan March 15, 2010 at 8:00 PM #

yeah, but, no - I think the first thing you have to do to catch the armadillo is to actually live where the armadillos do…..
      so let me know if one turns up at your place!!!!!!!

3. Claire March 15, 2010 at 9:05 PM #

Maybe if I put scrapple as the bait?

4. Melvin from Rental Property Management March 16, 2010 at 1:31 PM #

Doesnt look like a racoon for me. Some kind of bear :D and btw kity tuna for the trap is a cool idea.
    [email protected] Property Management´s last blog ..Otahuhu, Auckland City

5. Hämorrhiden March 18, 2010 at 9:12 AM #

Cool that it actually worked :) But poor little one that just wanted a meal.